Guidance Automation Solutions for your Manufacturing Automation
Manually moving goods removes workers from high value activity to low value, low skilled tasks. Automation is suitable for circumstances where you are using workers to move materials between different processes, where payloads are well balanced, you are operating on a single floor, where you have designated pick up and drop off points.
Pick to Light is ideal to reduce errors and defects in production processes. The system optimises part selection so that the right parts are sequenced at the right time to the production area.
Manufacturing Automation improves…
- Material handling automation can reduce the risk of workplace accidents by assigning most handling, lifting or carrying tasks to mobile robots. This dramatically improves safety and can be relied upon, as customers using OTTO Motors AMRs report a 100% safety rating. These autonomous mobile robots use multiple sensors to avoid items and people in their paths.
- Automation can also support social distancing policies, as fewer operators are needed in each area. This helps people work together in hygienic, healthy ways.
- Manufacturing plants can improve the quality of products with automation, such as light-directed material handling systems, as human error is reduced. Autonomous systems such as co-bots and AMRs can perform repeated actions multiple times without deviation, so you can rely on consistent outcomes and improved process reliability.
- This also means automation in manufacturing reduces the risk of product damage due to accidental breakage. Collaborative robots can be calibrated to handle objects of different sizes and shapes without causing damage.
- Automation of time-consuming and repetitive tasks improves cycle times and can optimise productivity by up to 300%.
- Automated systems gather data about your operations as they happen, providing insights that can lead to process improvement. Streamlined adaptation also allows for successful Just In Time (JIT) processes, so your manufacturing business can respond quickly to demand.
- Automation makes for easy process design changes, helping manufacturers adapt and build resilience to different situations.
- The ability of your organisation to respond to changes in demand creates operational continuity in challenging times.
Why choose Guidance Automation for Manufacturing Automation?
At Guidance Automation we understand small to medium size business’ automation needs. With over 30 years of experience in developing autonomous robot technologies, we can enable you to optimise your material handling processes. Our experience in automation, warehouse management software and picking solutions, means our team can interpret your needs into a customised automation solution, even down to the tops required to optimise the robot vehicles.